Case managers (also called care managers) assist people in identifying and solving problems, finding resources and services, completing applications, and any other activities to help them get the services they need to remain independent.
Geriatrics Case Managers
A geriatric case manager specializes in working with the elderly population and their families. If you believe you or your loved one needs the services of a case manager, there are several options available to you.
Services Offered by Geriatric Case Managers:
- Assess an elderly person’s overall living situation to identify problems, determine unmet needs and assess eligibility, for needed services.
- Arrange for appropriate serves to come into an older person’s home.
- Monitor in-home workers to make sure the needed care is provided.
- Assist with completing applications for benefits. (medical assistance, pharmacy assistance, food stamps)
- Provide counseling and support
- Maintain contact with out-of-town relatives